Today’s recipe is to learn how to begin to change your life!
Recipes to live life God’s way.
First, I applaud you if you recognize that your life is not working out how you want it to. And there is only one person who can change your life with GOD’s help. That is you.
You cannot control another human being. If you are trying to, or do control, it’s unhealthy for you and for them.
Let’s start small and with baby steps.
- What area do you want to change about you? Name it.
- Write, I want to stop this _____________________.
- Write, I want this instead _____________________.
- Confess to GOD the Truth about your life and you. Remove all pretense. You are talking to the King of the World.
- Now ask Him to help you with what you want. Scripture states. “The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth” (Psalm 145:18 NASB).
- And thank HIM for drawing near to you. And this is what you are doing, you are speaking the Truth.
- Ask Him to help you stop what you do not like, and then ask HIM to fill you with what you DO want.
- Now, put into practice what you want instead of what you don’t want.
For example, let’s say you are a critical person, the best thing you can do is stop, hold your tongue, and instead begin to find one good thing to praise Him or that person about.
And repeat over and over and over until you have shifted from the negative to what you want!
Do you want or need accountability to move through what you don’t want to what you want? If so, schedule a coach chat with me to explore how to change your life from the negative to the positive. Schedule a time to chat now!